Welcome to Episode 068 of Optimized Ecommerce – Our E-Commerce Product FAILURE: Ape Tape Case Study. I’m your host, Tanner Larsson, CEO of BGS.
BGS means Build Grow Scale! It is a community that we founded where eCommerce entrepreneurs and physical product sellers come to learn how to take their businesses to the next level.
Here’s just a taste of what we talked about today:
We talked about how we discovered the Kinesio Tape.
The following are the steps we did to find the Kinesio Tape:
- Run an independent research
- Looked at Amazon
- Gravitated to sports & outdoor category
- CrossFit games + Amazon bestseller list = idea
- Merchant words keyword search
- Amazon category search
- Inc Magazine’s fastest growing companies search
Then, we discussed how we sourced ApeTape.
Check out the list below:
- Checked out Alibaba.com
- Search: kinesiology tape
- Searched the top 3 companies (Longest Gold Member)
- Set up Skype calls with each of them
- Asked about the company
- Quality Control process
- Manufacturing capacity
- Product customization
- Packaging options
- Ordered samples from 2 of the 3
- Compared them against competitor product
We also discussed a few other fun topics, including:
- Competitive advantages of Ape Tape.
- The Why behind Ape Tape’s branding.
- Ape Tape Trademark and Trademark Fiasco.
But you’ll have to watch or listen to the episode to hear about those!
How To Stay Connected With Tanner Larsson
Want to stay connected with Tanner? Please check out their social profiles below.
- Facebook Profile: Business.Facebook.com/BuildGrowScale
- Twitter Handle: Twitter.com/BuildGrowScale
- YouTube Channel: Youtube.com/user/windowsuccess
Also, Tanner mentioned the following items on the show. You can find that on:
Ecommerce Evolved by Tanner Larsson