Optimized Ecommerce EP 049 – Everything You Need to Know About iOS 14 Implementation
Welcome to Episode 049 of Optimized Ecommerce – Everything You Need to Know About iOS 14 Implementation. I’m your host, Tanner Larsson, CEO of BGS.
BGS means Build Grow Scale! It is a community that we founded where eCommerce entrepreneurs and physical product sellers come to learn how to take their businesses to the next level.
In this episode, Nehal Kazim joins us to talk about iOS14 implementations. Nehal is the founder of Ad Pros—a Facebook ads agency scaling growth-stage companies to $100,000+mo in spend. Ad Pros is designed to equip entrepreneurs, marketing teams, and media buyers with the tools, education, and resources to scale paid advertising campaigns on Facebook and Instagram.
Nehal actively speaks and trains media buyers on scaling front-end growth with paid advertising through a structured, systematic approach.
Here’s just a taste of what we talked about today:
Nehal discusses the iOS 14 changes that would take place.
The changes include:
- Implementation of Private Click Measurement (PCM)
- No more app to web conversion measurement
- No more cross-domain measurement
- Power play to limit data (protection + inability to monetize)
- Facebook’s implementation of Aggregated Event Management (AEM) will support app web attribution.
Then, Nehal dives into detail about the actual technical changes of iOS 14.
- Users must opt-in or opt-out of Apple’s data use prompt.
- If opted out, data will be restricted], aggregated, and delayed.
- If opted out, advertisers can optimize for 1 core standard event per pixel.
- If opted in, up to 8 standard events per pixel available (with a priority).
- If opted out, no demographic data on opted-out individuals.
- If outed out, website custom audiences will take a hit (7-day attribution).
- Attribution (+conversion?) window: 1-day view + 28 day click to just 7-day click.
We also discussed a few other fun topics, including:
- The iOS 14 implications for ads and campaigns.
- Upside implications of iOS 14 in ads and campaigns.
- Solutions to get ready for iOS 14.
But you’ll have to watch or listen to the episode to hear about those!
How To Stay Connected With Nehal Kazim
Want to stay connected with Nehal? Please check out their social profiles below.
- Website: AdPros.com
- LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/in/nehalkazim
Also, Nehal mentioned ITEM on the show. You can find that on: