Optimized Ecommerce EP 011 – How to Make Ecom Sales Every Day
Welcome to Episode 011 of Optimized Ecommerce – How to Make Ecom Sales Every Day. I am your host, Tanner Larsson, CEO of BGS.
BGS means Build Grow Scale! It is a community that I co-founded where eCommerce entrepreneurs and physical product sellers come to learn how to take their businesses to the next level.
In this episode, we talk about how most Ecommerce businesses work way too hard in producing and matching their revenue from the day before. Obviously, you would want consistency in your business. Your daily revenue should be consistent and, hopefully, growing at a steady rate.
Now the problem lies in how most ecommerce businesses are front-end focused. This means they are more focused on the acquisition of customers.
If you think you are guilty of doing this in your business, listen to this episode and learn a smarter way to get a consistent daily revenue stream.
Here’s just a taste of what we talked about today:
Should Business Owners Be Too Front-End Focused?
For 80% of Ecommerce store owners, everything is focused on the front-end, that is, acquiring new customers. Of course, this is important as well as daily revenue. Cash flow is king in any business.
If a business does not have new customers and the daily revenue ratings go up and down like a heart-rate monitor, it will be very difficult to grow and scale your business.
But should business owners be too front-end focused at the expense of their lifetime customer value?
Get 18%-30% of Your Daily Revenue Automagically Every Day
Now, I am talking about something important that you have heard many times already but you just do not do it because you do not have the time.
I am talking about automated email follow up.
Simple, Automated Email Campaign Ideas that will Make Money for You
There are simple automated campaigns that you can just plug in and it will make money for you in the background. A few examples are, cross-sell campaigns, new customer thank you emails, cart abandonment emails, upsell campaigns, holiday promotions, winback campaigns, VIP campaigns, etc…
Adn all these automated email systems can be triggered automatically based on a customer’s actions, how they shop, what they bought in the past, how long they viewed your content, and more…
We also discussed a few other fun topics, including:
- Set an Email Campaign once and that is done! It will send the emails for you every time it gets triggered.
- Set up one Email Campaign each week and in just two months, you will have 8 different automated money flows!
- BGS has 7 simple core Email Campaigns that they let beginners set up in their respective businesses. These 7 basic Email Campaigns can account for up to 18% of a store’s daily revenue. As you grow, that 18% grows as well and it all happens automatically.
- No matter how big or small the business, nobody has the excuse not to do at least 7 to 12 of these basic automated campaign types set up.
- The front-end should only be for acquisition and must not be used to derive daily revenue quotas.
- Smart businesses know that the profit is generated at the 2nd sale, the 3rd sale, and beyond.
But you’ll have to watch or listen to the episode to hear about those!
How To Stay Connected With Tanner Larsson
Want to stay connected with Tanner? Please check out his social profiles below.