Our premium done-for-you service …
“Our revenue increased from $423K per year to over $2.3 million per month in just thirty months while working with Build Grow Scale!”
Client: Richard C., Raleigh, NC
Increased Conversion: 3.79% to 5.7%
Increased AOV: $39.45 to $47.61
Revenue: $423K/year to $2.3 million/month
Watch this video to see how we use Revenue Optimization™ to multiply your ecommerce revenue without increasing their spending on ads.
“Great video! If only I’d watched this two years ago, I would’ve saved hundreds of thousands on wasted ad spend.”—Mark S. (Florida)
Meet the Owner of BGS - Expert in Ecommerce Marketing
"We know what works to scale ecommerce brands. In the last 12 months, we have analyzed data from over a quarter of a billion dollars of ecommerce sales from more than 25 Amplify Partners!"
What is an Amplify Partner?
Amplify is our premium “white glove” done-for-you service for clients that are running a $250k/month+ business or have at least 50,000 visitors per month. We use our Revenue Optimization™ system to multiply your revenue without you having to spend more on advertising.
Our system includes intensive qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, test hypothesis creation, and A/B/n testing and analysis. It also provides the ongoing development work needed to scale your business to new heights.
What results can you expect?
- Increase in Conversion Rate
- Lower Cost per Acquisition (CPA)
- Increase in Average Order Value (AOV)
- Increase in Revenue and Profit Margin
"From $2.7 million to $8.4 million!"
Drew Canole, Organifi
Why should you trust us?
Simply put, we get more real-time data in a week than most ecommerce stores get in a lifetime!
This enables us to ignore opinions and instead make smart (and lucrative) data-driven decisions to increase revenue across all the key metrics of your store.
Another big factor is that we’re also bonafide ecommerce specialists. That’s the lane we swim in, and we don’t deviate.
Over the last few years, we’ve helped generate over $400 million in ecommerce revenue across hundreds of successful ecommerce brands in over a dozen industries, including:
- Health care
In the last 24 months, our different services have helped:
- 167 clients build six-figure stores
- 73 clients grow to seven figures
- 13 clients generate over eight figures ($10 million)
Do you qualify as an Amplify Partner?
We don’t know yet, but we’re happy to speak with you about your situation if you meet the following criteria:
- You have at least 50,000 visitors per month, whether they are paid or organic.
- You sell quality products that are backed up by a strong supply chain that can handle explosive growth. (We've broken the supply chain of almost every Amplify Partner we have at least once because suppliers couldn’t keep up with our partners’ growth.)
- Your store or brand is NOT built on the drop-ship model.
How do we help you?
BGS’s proprietary Revenue Optimization™ system creates long-term compound growth for your business by stacking on the wins over time.
IDENTIFY AND DIAGNOSE
We start by ensuring that your data collection and reporting are accurate. We also identify the money leaks (opportunities) on your website so we can create a plan of attack for optimizing your store.
Google Analytics Health Check and Google Tag Manager
Having inaccurate data is as good as having no data at all, so before any data analysis or testing, we make sure we’re collecting accurate data with the best Google Analytics (GA) setup for your store. This step is a must and the key to our success: we make decisions based on data, not opinions or gut feelings.
Most of our clients have come to us believing that their analytics were set up correctly and their data reported accurately. Yet all of them had some aspect of the setup wrong. To ensure that’s not you, we take care of this by fixing any issues at the start.
Google Tag Manager (GTM) allows us to track every single customer action on your website and feed that data to your GA reports. We can track interaction with every image, video, button, link, and click—practically everything that your visitors can perform on your website. This gives our GA experts the data to analyze shopping behavior and identify potential weak links and drop-off points in the process.
We identify the money leaks (opportunities) on your website through a heuristic analysis process. This is simply an experience-based assessment of your website performed by one of our senior Revenue Optimization™ experts who evaluates every element on each page of your website to identify all potential leaks. We find that the typical store has well over 100 leaks, and it’s unlikely that yours will be any different.
After identifying the leaks, we prioritize the highest-potential ROI opportunities and create a plan of attack for optimizing your store. This plan allows us to split the leaks into two groups—“Just do it” and “Test it”:
- The “Just do it” leaks are things we don’t need to test because they’re either functional bugs that need fixing, violations of web conventions (established design norms that web users have become accustomed to), or very well-known issues that we’ve tested against hundreds of times with the exact same outcome (our best practices).
These are the things we fix immediately. They have the potential for immediate gains, starting where the money is—the checkout—and working back through the process.
- The “Test it” leaks are issues we tackle later in step 3.
CASE STUDY: “Quick 10% increase in conversion rate!”
While doing a Heuristic Analysis for our client, we noticed her main headline/value proposition on the Homepage was rather weak and unclear. Based on experience in this field, we came up with two additional headlines and we ran an A/B/C test (original + two variations). The results were a quick 10% increase in conversion.
Site Speed Optimization
A slow website is one of the biggest killers of conversions. It’s often slow because of unoptimized code and heavy media. There’s a very good chance that your website has the same issue—as is the case with the majority of our clients’ websites.
Unoptimized website code is like a car engine with 100,000 miles on it that’s never had its oil changed—the engine eventually suffocates, and the car dies.
To prevent that, we optimize what’s under your hood—your website’s code. We perform a complete code optimization and cleanup, removing unused apps and unused or duplicate code or scripts. We also perform media compression, lazy loading of media, iFrames and app scripts, and minification and combination of CSS and JS.
This has the potential to give you big gains, depending on how slow your website is. And it’s not a one-time thing. We perform site-speed optimization on a monthly basis to keep the code optimized as we add new functionalities and scripts to your website.
CASE STUDY: “Quick 27% increase in page value!”
After performing our monthly site-speed optimization on one of our partner sites following the procedures mentioned above, we saw almost 30% reduction in the average page-load time, which in turn reduced our bounce rate
by 13% and increased our page value by 27%.
RESEARCH AND ANALYZE
Next we learn what makes your customers tick via extensive customer research and data analysis. This data gives us the insight to tailor your website’s design, messaging, and voice so it speaks your customers’ language—a prerequisite for effective selling.
We perform two types of customer research: quantitative and qualitative.
Quantitative Data Analysis
Quantitative analysis is all about the “what” and the “how”—what’s happening on your website and how much. For example, it can tell us that your cart page is underperforming by 25% compared to the minimum acceptable benchmark. The data shows us your website’s performance, how your visitors interact with the site, and where the leaks are.
We use several tools to gather these insights:
- Google Analytics (GA) helps us identify where the leaks are and how severe they are, gives us a complete understanding of your visitors’ behavior and demographics, and provides insight into the performance of every single one of your traffic channels and campaigns.
- Click maps and heat maps give us additional insight into how your visitors interact with your website by tracking mouse cursor movements, scrolling depth, clicks, and taps. This shows us how much attention each element on your website is actually getting.
- Session recordings help us better understand your visitors’ interactions with your website by showing us real visitors going through their shopping experience on your website.
We have separate teams of expert analysts for each of the tools above. They do nothing but analyze data from GA, click maps and heat maps, and session recordings day in and day out to give us the best insights into your customers’ behavior and interaction with your website.
CASE STUDY: “More than doubled revenue in 48 hours!”
Using our data-analysis methods, we identified a product that had potential for a “two-pack” option. We added this to the product page and explained the benefits of buying two at once. In 48 hours, we more than doubled the revenue for that product.
Qualitative Data Analysis
Where the quantitative analysis tells us the “what” and the “how,” the qualitative data analysis tells us the “why” behind the leaks.
This is the piece that helps us understand what makes your customers tick, which then helps us tailor your website’s design, messaging, and voice to speak your customers’ language. If they can’t understand your website, there’s a disconnect and you’ll lose them on the spot. Speaking to your customers in their language is the prerequisite for effective selling.
We use several strategies to gather qualitative data:
- Customer surveys give insight into who your customers are and what language they use, why they buy, how they go about it, what issues they face, and what questions they have.
Surveys are sent to first-time customers. They provide the best insight because they aren’t biased and won’t overlook certain issues on your website that returning customers, who are already used to your website, might no longer “see.”
- Website polls can shine a light on why people haven’t bought from you. These are time-triggered mini-surveys that pop up on your website and gather data on the spot. This data helps us address those issues, if possible, and saves you many lost customers who otherwise would not have bought.
- Customer service provides insight into the most frequent issues that your prospects and customers face on your website and with your business as a whole. This is a segment of your audience that actually cares enough to reach out to customer service. And nobody understands them better than your customer service team. This data tells us things that the previous two strategies won’t.
- User testing provides immediate feedback on all of the friction points that your visitors experience while shopping on your website. These tests are performed by members of your target audience, and this method is usually the fastest way to get valuable insight into leaks and opportunities. This is one of our favorite strategies.
Once we’ve collected all of these quantitative and qualitative data insights, we’re ready for the next step—test prioritization and hypothesis.
CASE STUDY: “25% increase in revenue per session!”
We thought we had a cart so simple that even Homer Simpson wouldn’t be
confused by it. Well, we were wrong. User testing showed that people actually had a lot of trouble with our beloved cart. Based on what we heard from users, we hypothesized what was confusing about it and split tested the original cart against a new and redesigned one. Here’s what happened ...
PRIORITIZE AND HYPOTHESIZE
We prioritize all leaks from the “Test it” group (in step 1) based on their ROI potential (which is based on multiple factors like the number of people that face the issue, the potential gain from fixing it, the complexity of coding and deploying that test, and the length of time the test will need to run based on the amount of traffic that your store is getting).
This ROI-potential metric allows us to create a split-testing program that focuses on maximizing the gains we achieve for your business over time and to compound your growth.
Once we’ve prioritized the “Test it” leaks, we hypothesize multiple optimized solutions for each of your website’s leaks (optimization opportunities). We also fully code and deploy those solutions on your website—no need for you to bring in your own developers because we do everything in house. This sets the stage for the step 4 on testing.
This is where the fun begins. There’s something about identifying a problem, coming up with a solution, and seeing the positive results of that solution that just feels satisfying. Testing reveals the extent of our labor so far, which is very satisfying.
At this stage, the leaks with the highest potential ROI are tested first. Then we move down the list.
We use a strictly scientific approach to A/B/n testing to ensure that we can trust the test results and avoid false positives. We run all tests for a minimum of two weeks and never cut them short because “it’s an obvious win.” Data never lies, so we let it speak to us.
CASE STUDY: “32% increase in conversion rate!”
Through website polls and surveys, we discovered that “size” was the main concern for customers. Even though we already had a size guide on the product page, we tested putting a size guide in a specific area that was more prominent and therefore visible. The results were absolutely amazing: an incredible 32% increase in conversion rate.
ANALYZE AND ITERATE
After the testing is over, we perform a post-test analysis, share our findings with you, and decide on the next steps. Just because a test is a winner and we find a winning solution doesn’t mean that’s the best solution. That’s why we have a kaizen approach and always work on improving our previous gains, which gives us the opportunity to learn even more about your customers.
During the post-test analysis, we pull out insights and apply them to our new hypothesis in our next test iteration. We repeat the process until we find the best solution for each specific leak on your website that we put in the “Test it” group. Once that list is done, we rinse and repeat, starting at the top with Step 1.
How does a "partnership" work?
While we believe in making things happen fast, we won't cut any corners. Delivering a world-class experience for our partners is our #1 core value at BGS.
Your Amplify partnership with Build Grow Scale includes intensive qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, test hypothesis creation, and extensive A/B/n testing.
Our Revenue Optimization™ experts become part of your team. You'll have a dedicated RO expert, along with a front end developer, back end developer, two UX QA experts for quality control (bug checking), and a Google Analytics expert, all working on your store. You and your team will communicate with us daily in a private Slack channel and in person during weekly check-in calls.
Important: It is rare for a single test to result in massive “home-run” results. Success with Revenue Optimization™ comes from compounded smaller wins over a long period of time.
Not that you won't get some very exciting lifts from the tests, but the home-run win that you want will come from longer-term, data-backed optimizations compounded over time.
We offer both flat monthly-fee-based and performance-based plans on six-month or annual terms. The type of plan depends on a number of factors specific to your business, which we will discuss in detail during our strategy video call.
What happens next?
To get the ball rolling, fill in the application form below. Within 24 hours, we'll be in touch with you and—if appropriate—set up a time to talk on a video conference call.
During that conversation, we'll have a short discussion about your goals, what you're currently doing with paid advertising, your product and supply chain, and your store. You can ask us questions too—and, together, we'll decide how we can help.
If we can help you, with your permission, we'll exhaustively analyze your business so we can create an ecommerce Revenue Optimization™ plan covering exactly how we can help.
Even if we don't end up working together … that plan will be worth its weight in gold. If we agree to work together, we set a start date.
You'll start seeing tangible sales growth in your business, typically within 60 days of us working together.
“Last December I celebrated having a $40k month and a $225k year. 12 months later I had a $856k December and a $3.6 Million year, thanks to Build Grow Scale!”
—Deven D. (Utah)
“I’ve been burnt by agencies in the past. How are you different?”
We feel your pain. That’s why we look for partners, not projects. There’s a big difference.
In truth, a lot of us at BGS have had personal experience with agency “horror stories” where they promise the world but grossly under deliver.
Rest assured, we operate completely differently, and here’s why …
- To be blunt, a lot of agencies are too ambitious for their own good. They have a revolving turnstile mentality, moving from project to project, treating clients like a number.
- They typically don’t train and monitor their teams to perform at the high level needed to get the results they promised. True or true? (Don’t get us started on that one!)
- Another common risk is that some agencies try to be a jack of all trades, offering multiple services.
We could go on, but let’s address these quickly.
- We are looking for long term relationships for the next 5+ years. The last thing we want is to jump from project to project. That’s why we go through a rigorous qualification process to find partners, not projects.
- We have a team of more than 55 highly trained and experienced Revenue Optimization™ and developer experts. Each team member has to complete our 12-month intensive-training curriculum, which is based on proven data-driven results, not just theory.
- We are specialists, not generalists. Our specialty is in Ecommerce optimization. For that reason we continue to ‘swim in our lane’ and don’t get distracted by adding other marketing services. We see other agencies do this, courting their own demise by way of poor results for clients.
- Each Amplify Partner has a personal Revenue Revenue Optimization™ expert assigned to their store, two trained developers, two UX QA experts plus a Google Analytics expert.
- And there’s more: our Revenue Optimization™ experts talk with each other and share what’s working across all of our stores. That means that you benefit from the combined volume of data we analyze across more than 20 ecommerce brands, in real time.
On average, the collective volume of traffic that goes to our Amplify brands is around $1 million every 30 days!
As you can imagine, it doesn’t take us long to work out what’s working and what’s not.
And, yes, that’s the volume of data you benefit from if you qualify to be an Amplify Partner.